If you are missing one or more of your natural teeth and have explored tooth replacement options then you have probably heard about dental implants, like those available at Shumway Dental Care in Chandler AZ.
Dental implants are rightly been called one of the greatest advancements in the history of dentistry. That’s because implants support artificial teeth that look and function like the real thing.
The benefits of dental implants include the following:
- Stability. Dental implants are titanium posts that are placed in your jaw. Because they fuse with the bone, they become a solid foundation to support one or more artificial teeth.
- Permanent. Once the implant fuses with your jaw bone, they literally become a part of you. With proper care, a dental implant can last for a lifetime.
- Lifelike. The implant-siupported replacement teeth look and function like natural teeth. You regain normal biting and chewing ability, as well as your smile.
- Successful. Dental implants have a success rate as high as ninety-eight percent. Titanium is well-suited to fusing with human bone, which is the secret to their success.
- Your Appearance. When a tooth and its root are lost, the surrounding bone begins to recede. A dental implant acts as an artificial tooth root and prevents bone recession, and the facial sagging that accompanies it.
To find out whether dental implants are right for you, please call Shumway Dental Care in Chandler AZ to schedule an appointment. People from Gilbert, Queen Creek, and Sun Lake also come to us for general and preventive dentistry. Call our office today!