At Premier Smiles and Implant Dentistry in Rock Hill SC, we we have a prevention-oriented philosophy of dental care. With preventive dentistry, you can avoid tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental health problems.
The most effective preventive dentistry is a joint effort. You do your part with daily brushing and flossing, and we do our part with thorough cleanings and checkups at your regularly scheduled appointments.
Daily brushing and flossing is the most important part of the equation.
Brushing and Flossing Tips
- Brush your teeth twice a day, using a fluoridated toothpaste. Brush at least two minutes!
- Remember to brush your tongue.
- Floss with string-style dental floss or tape at least once a day.
- Replace your toothbrush after about three months.
- Limit sugary snacks, including soft drinks. That includes simple carbohydrates like white bread. We also recommend drinking plenty of water each day. You’ll stay well-hydrated, and the water will help cleanse your mouth of food debris.
By following these simple rules you can avoid or reduce the following:
- Gingivitis (early stage gum disease)
- Enamel loss
Preventive dentistry is one of the best things you can do for your dental health, and for your children’s dental health, too. A clean mouth is a happy mouth! At Premier Smiles and Implant Dentistry in Rock Hill SC, services include general and cosmetic dentistry. We serve satisfied patients in Fort Mill, Chester, and York. Schedule an appointment today!